Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lacuna Coil - back?

On my first listen of Lacuna Coil's new album, Dark Adrenaline, I heard a lot of good things.  There's more variation in their sound (guitar solos?!  Cristina does different things with her voice!), and some songs gave me a Comalies feel.  Which is good.  I need to give it a few more listens to be sure. 

I think that generally Lacuna Coil haven't "sold out"--they just need a new producer.  Their albums since Comalies have all been SOO polished (almost over-polished?), and I think that has affected their sound.  They sound way more mainstream because of how polished their songs are.  I  liked Karmacode and a few songs off A Shallow Life, but I admit Shallow Life was preeeetty "mainstream"-sounding.  I almost gave up on Lacuna Coil after that, but decided I'd give Dark Adrenaline a try.  And I think they're going back to what they used to be.

Expect a full review to come later, but for now here's the video for the extremely catchy song, "Trip the Darkness!"


No comments:

Post a Comment