Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Sugarpill Sparkle Baby Palette Swatches and Thoughts

I've had the Sparkle Baby palette for quite some time now, and was practically salivating for months until I finally got it.  It has gorgeous colors, a kitten on the front, and that's just what dreams are made of, right?!

Kittens!

Well, mostly.  I already have the Kat Von D Esperanza palette, and they're praaactically identical, except the KVD palette has one of the best purples of my life and a few more shades, so I was kindof bummed.

Close-up of the goods!

This is SO PRETTY, and the name omg!

 I have problems getting this one to work on my eyeball :(

Frosty minty color, woot woot.

This one had the best color payoff for me, which is the opposite of everyone else's experience??




My eyeballs also don't show these kinds of pastel colors very well at all, even with a white sticky base.  So, either I'm doing something wrong, or people Photoshop the fuck out of their looks using these colors, or maybe I'm just not packing on enough color.  But I PACK IT ON SO MUCH, GAIZ. 

Anyway, before I wax poetic any further, here's the swatch:

They're so hard to see. And I used primer, even!
And I've tried So. Many. Times to use this on my face to show you for a review, but it just will NOT photograph.  It looks pretty enough in person, but just will not pick up in a photo.  It's a pity, especially the Frostine shade, because it's actually got a pink chrome shift to it that you can see in the pan, but never shows up on the eyeball.  Again, it might be user error, buuut I dunno.  Honestly, after all done, the only color that really stands out is Hotsy Totsy, which a lot of beauty bloggers said was the problem shade of the palette!  So I'm clearly just backwards or something.

Here's the best I could do.  I used ALL the colors.  A lot.

So, there you have it!  It's not really a palette I reach for often, but Spring is upon us and I'll be reaching for these kinds of shades more.  I think I'll try mixing it with the Esperanza palette and see what happens!




No comments:

Post a Comment