Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Nightwish and Epica, oh my!

Nightwish and Epica are BOTH having tours in the States this fall, which I'm super excited about.  Nightwish will actually be hitting my home city of St. Louis, which bands seldom do.  For whatever reason, Nightwish loves little St. Louis and makes a point to visit us every tour.  I'll be seeing them (and Epica) in Atlanta for Progpower USA, but I'll probably hit my local show, too.  I'm not sure about making the trek to Kentucky or Chicago to see Epica a second time.  Their set at ProgPower probably can't be beat, so I'll skip out on that.  Unless Simone does another makeup contest and I win.  :)

Speaking of Epica, they just released a new music video!  It's very artistic and really showcases the message of their album.  Watch it!  I love Simone's makeup when the oil-stuff is about to consume her.  Such pretty blue eyeshadow and crazy curly designs!


Nightwish
also just released a teaser trailer for their long-awaited film, Imaginaerum.  The album has already been released and it's great (albeit short), and I'm quite impressed with how the film looks so far.  It definitely has the Burton feel to it that Tuomas wanted.  That being said, I'm fairly certain there won't be an American release in theaters.  I know, it's sad :(  But I'm just not sure how an American release would be pulled off.  We're just NOW finally getting Miyazaki films in theaters, and Disney has had his stuff for yeeeaaars.   





And that's all, folks!  Hopefully you'll be able to catch Nightwish and Epica this fall!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment