Friday, April 6, 2012

ZP Theart's new band announced!

Ever since ZP left Dragonforce a while ago (Geez two years ago?  Three?) I've been anxiously awaiting news of his next project.  Well, I wait no more!  ZP's new band is called I AM I, and their debut album is set to be released next month!  Yay!  There aren't any samples to listen to yet, but I'm sure it won't disappoint.

If all else fails, at least ZP still looks like a pirate.
The album, titled 'Event Horizon,' is going to be released on USB, because "major record labels are almost certainly going to cease production of compact discs by the end of 2012" (According to Metaltalk).  Hrm.  Granted, my CD collection is taking a lot of space and I've found myself buying direct downloads from Amazon more often, but USB?  It's a cool idea, to be sure.  It would be much easier to shove a USB stick into a car stereo than fuddling with a CD, and there won't be any problems with scratches.  I find that I have to get my new CDs onto my computer right away to avoid ripping music from a scratched disc later.  I'll still use my mp3 player instead, but this USB thing seems to be a step in the right direction.  But they'd be easier to lose.  

Thoughts?  

No comments:

Post a Comment