Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Lime Crime Retrofuturist Review ~


 So remember when I said I'd review Lime Crime's Retrofuturist like a year ago?  WELL HERE IT IS!



Lime Crime pretty much has me with its purple case and holographic unicorns.  Yes, HOLOGRAPHIC UNICORNS.  WHAT MORE COULD I EVER WANT IN A LIPSTICK?!

Packaging aside, this lipstick is pretty good.

Lime Crime Retrofuturist

 I mean, I don't have really high standards when it comes to lipstick.  Generally all I ask is that it look good on me and last at least until I use my lips for something.  I've tried various primers and voodoo methods for getting lipstick to stay forever (but I heard about some sorcery involving blotting and powder, so I'll get back to you on that), and I just can't get it to work out.  I guess I could re-apply it after lunch, but let's be honest with ourselves here, I'm too lazy for that.

I really liked how creamy this one was, though.

 Anyway, Lime Crime's lipstick met my expectations, and even exceeded them a bit in how creamy it was.  It looks dreadful after a meal, though, but that's likely due to the fact that I don't use any lipliner or primer at all.  I hate when I have the dreaded Lipstick Outline and nobody bothers to tell me about it.

Retrofuturist is really bright red, mmk?

Like with pretty much all lipsticks ever, you're going to get the best results if you regularly exfoliate and moisturize.  I use Lush's lip scrub in Mint Julips and their Lip Service lip balm afterwards.  You can also google how to make a simple lip scrub, but I've already established that I'm lazy.  I also like that the scrubs from Lush are edible. 

Yeah,  this shit is HAWT.

 But yeah, there's only so much you can say about a red lipstick.  This is a good one.  Is it the BEST ONE EVAR?  No.  Liquid lipsticks are better if you want something that lasts a long time, but this lipstick tube has a goddamn holographic unicorn on it.  I'm a sucker for that shit.  Bottom Line, I'll probably get more.   

LOOKIT DIS SHIT
 Also, this is my last Lime Crime review for a while, I PROMISE!  Well, maybe not promise, but I'll try.

No comments:

Post a Comment