Sunday, March 1, 2015

Lime Crime Venus Palette Review ~

Dreamy Sigh.

The Venus palette from Lime Crime is seriously great.  No, really.  It's my go-to palette for when I'm feeling "ughwhatthefuckdoIputonmyeyeballstoday."  The colors blend and work so well together, with so little effort, that I can be falling asleep at my vanity and make the most amazeballs look with this and not even have to think about it that hard.  And that PACKAGING.  It's perfection.  I'm all for having more ART on my palettes!   
 

I MEAN LOOK AT THIS SHIT.





  You know how some palettes have colors that are all over the place, which is great, but you have to mix and match from other palettes to get something that looks legit?  Not so with Venus.  These are all meant to play together.  Sometimes I'll use Bondage from Vice 3 in my inner crease, but that's when I'm getting really extra crazy fancy.

The colors have a good amount of staying power, except for Aura and Shell.  They fade pretty quickly, so I pack them on more than usual, but using a white sticky base (I use one from Lunatick Labs) over your normal primer helps.  The other shades have the longevity you'd expect from the price point (again, use some primer, but I feel like if you're spending $42 on an eyeshadow palette you're prooobably using primer anyway).   

But here, take a look at some swatches:


Venus, Shell, Aura, Creation, Icon, Rebirth peeking from the corner
Venus, Shell, Aura, Creation, Icon, Rebirth, Divine, Muse

Gorgeous, amirite?  I typically just go, from inner crease to outer lid, as follows:  Aura, Shell, Rebirth, Venus, Muse, with Icon in my crease.  Sometimes if I'm feeling REALLY fancy and on top of things I'll use EVERY COLOR IN THE PALETTE, but let's be honest here.  That's happened, like, once.  And was the first day I had the palette.  And, I'm not gonna lie, I don't really use Divine ever.  It's most likely for blending, but most days I'm too lazy for that. 

Here's me rocking the Venus palette at the office today:

Isn't it amazing?  EVEN WITH SHITTY PHONE CAMERA IT LOOKS GREAT

<3  Does anyone else have Venus?  I personally love it, and can't wait to see what Lime Crime comes out with next.  I hope they keep using lovely art on their packaging!  Or more unicorns, cuz that never hurts, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment