Wednesday, March 4, 2015

No More Lime Crime!

Hey, everyone!

I recently found out about Lime Crime's security breach hack shit, and have decided that I'm pretty much done with the company.  I really do love their new eyeshadow palette a LOT, and will continue using it and all the other products I have from them, but I just don't think I can continue to support a brand that treats its customers so shittily.  I was going to do three more reviews, one of their eye primer (great), velvetines (which are also really great..), and the Geradium lipstick which is awful, but I'm going to refrain.  I might do the Geradium one so you can see how bad it is.

I think the company has potential to be really great, because they have awesome products (some of the lipsticks leave a little to be desired), but it suffers from a CEO who serves her own agenda and not that of her customers.  Their website's response was pretty good, though, so maybe there's hope for growth here. But there's still a lot of other shady things about the company, and I don't want to have to preface all my reviews with disclaimers about the brand's controversy, which I almost did for my two reviews this week.

Is anyone else torn about this?  I really like their products, but don't want to give them money until they shape up as a company, y'know?  Ugh!


Also, in case anyone is agonizing over wanting the Venus palette but you don't want to buy Lime Crime, there are some shades in Urban Decay Vice 3 that are really comparable, which I can make a post about later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment