Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Kat Von D Nail Polish Review- Wonderchild

I'm a huge fan of Kat Von D's makeup line at Sephora; so, when I heard the news about the new High Voltage Lacquer for nails, I couldn't resist trying it out.  At $12.50 a pop, though, I could only allow myself to buy one, and I chose the purple one:  Wonderchild

Tell me this doesn't look badass.


Let me preface this review by saying that I'm not a nail polish connoisseur, and I'm quite casual about my makeup and nails.  If it looks great, I'm happy.  I'm not picky about how long it takes polish to start chipping, how nail polish smells, stuff like that.  This review will focus on the aesthetics of the polish.  So, if I haven't addressed concerns you have, feel free to ask me in the comments.  :D

 ON TO THE REVIEW!

This stuff is admittedly super expensive for what you get ($12.50 for .25 oz, ouch), but the color is AMAZING.  The cute bottle is kind of deceiving, as there's clearly lots of different-colored sparkles in there, but what you get is pure purple.  Well, in the sunlight it's kind of a pinky-purple, but it's lovely (and Metal).  The glitter is very metallic.  That's my favorite part about it.  It also feels smooth and is certainly not bumpy like most glittery polishes.


So.  Awesome.
Despite the price, I'm quite in love with this polish.  I might just cave and get the blue one, Mad Max, and perhaps the pink one, too.  I'm normally not one for pink polishes (or pink anything), but I have a feeling I'd like this polish in pink.  I'm really surprised there isn't a red one, or a silvery one.  The choice of colors for these polishes is strangely upbeat and not what one would expect from Kat Von D. 

See how the shade of purple changes in different lighting?
 You can get these polishes at Sephora stores, but I'm not sure about Sephora outlets at JC Penney.  My local JCP didn't have any Kat Von D polish, and they weren't sure if they'd ever carry it, so I had to suck it up and buy online (Update:  My local JCPenney Sephora now carries these polishes for $12, and I got the pink.  And it's amazing, of course.)

Keep in mind that these polishes are Limited Edition, and Kat's Limited Edition stuff usually lasts one-two years.  Sometimes, if enough money is made, Limited Edition things will be made into part of the standard line.

Super close-up of the metallic glitter.
Bottom Line:  Yes, the stuff is expensive, but it's worth it.  If you'd rather try it on first, find a Sephora store near you and try it!  I'm definitely going to buy more.


Stay tuned for more reviews about Kat Von D's awesomely Metal makeup products!

No comments:

Post a Comment